The following briefly outlines the basic steps in the application process. Full details are available at http://admissions.tamu.edu/
- Complete the University Graduate Application Form. This can be done online.
- Pay the required Application Fee – $50 for U.S. citizens and permanent residents, $90 for international applicants.
- Arrange for official transcripts and records to be sent to
Graduate Admissions Processing
Office of Admissions and Records
Texas A&M University
P.O. Box 40001
College Station, Texas 77842-4001, USA
Official transcripts are required from each senior-level post-secondary institution attended.
- Required Graduate Record Exam (GRE) test scores (verbal, quantitative AND analytical) should be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Texas A&M University (Code 6003). Test scores must be from within the past five years.
- You should request letters of recommendation from three individuals who are familiar with your academic achievement and potential. The individuals providing these letters should send them electronically as PDFs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
These letters may alternatively be addressed to Dr. Ann McNamara at the address shown below.
- If your native language is not English, submit TOEFL scores from within the last two years. Texas A&M requires students from other countries to demonstrate their ability to speak, write, and understand the English language. There are several ways to meet this requirement.
- The following additional application materials are required for the Master of Science or Master of Fine Art in Visualization program. These should be sent electronically as PDFs to: email@example.com:
- Statement of Intent
- Portfolio Description Sheet
- Portfolios of artistic work are required and should be submitted as a website.